- Parking blocks help to delineate parking spaces and prevent parking hazards.
- They also make it easy for customers to find an available parking spot, saving time and frustration.
- Parking blocks also make your parking lot uncluttered by clearly marking the parking spaces.
- Parking blocks also protect your asphalt from damage. When vehicles are parked over asphalt for extended periods, the weight can cause the asphalt to crumble.
- Hiring a parking lot paving contractor can ensure that your parking lot is designed correctly and meets all local code requirements.
People may view their parking lot as an afterthought – an area to park the car and be on their way. However, a well-designed parking lot can be crucial to your business’ success.
Various design tips can significantly improve your parking lot and promote your business in several ways. However, consult a parking lot paving contractor to get the best guidance if you’ve decided to give your parking lot an overhaul. To help you out even further, let’s discuss the importance of parking lot blocks to provide better insight.
What’s The Importance of Parking Blocks for A Professional Parking Lot?
There are various benefits of having parking blocks. For one, parking blocks help to delineate parking spaces and prevent parking hazards. They also make it easy for customers to find an available parking spot, saving time and frustration.
Another critical benefit of parking blocks is that they help keep your parking lot looking neat and tidy. By marking the parking spaces, parking blocks can give your parking lot an uncluttered appearance. This can create a better impression of your business and make it easier to spot potential obstacles or hazards.
Finally, parking blocks can also help to protect your asphalt from damage. When vehicles are parked over asphalt for extended periods, the weight can cause the asphalt to crack and crumble. By placing parking blocks under the wheels of cars, you can help to distribute the weight more evenly and prevent damage to your parking lot.
Working with a professional parking lot paving contractor is essential if you are considering adding parking blocks to your parking lot. They will be able to advise you on the best type of parking block for your needs, as well as provide guidance on asphalt maintenance. This will help to ensure that your parking lot is safe and effective for both customers and employees.
What Are the Different Kinds of Parking Blocks?
There are several types of parking blocks, each with its benefits. The most common type is the preformed parking block, made from concrete or plastic. These parking blocks are easy to install and provide a durable solution for parking lot delineation.
Another popular type of parking block is the poured-in-place parking block. These parking blocks are made by pouring concrete into a mold on site. Poured-in-place parking blocks offer a more customized solution, as they can be made in any shape or size.
Lastly, there are recycled plastic parking blocks. Recycled plastic parking blocks are an eco-friendly option, as they are made from recycled materials. They are durable and will not crack or chip like concrete parking blocks.
Parking Lot Design Tips You Must Consider
Parking Lot Size
The first thing you must consider when designing a parking lot is the size. You must ensure that the parking lot is big enough to accommodate all vehicles. If the parking lot is too small, cars will be parked on the street, which can cause traffic problems.
Parking Lot Layout
Another essential factor to keep in mind when designing a parking lot is the layout. You need to ensure that the parking lot is laid out in a convenient way for drivers to navigate. If the parking lot is poorly designed, drivers may have trouble finding a parking spot, leading to frustration and congestion.
Parking Lot Surface
The parking lot surface needs to be smooth and allow easy parking and maneuvering. If the parking lot surface is uneven, it can be difficult for drivers to park their cars, and keeping the parking lot clean may be more challenging.
Parking Lot Lighting
The parking lot should be well-lit so that drivers can see where they are going and find a parking spot. If the parking lot is not well-lit, it may be more difficult for drivers to see, leading to accidents.
Parking Lot Signage
Signage is another factor to consider when designing a parking lot. Signage can help drivers find their way around the parking lot, and it can also help them find parking spots. If the parking lot does not have adequate signage, it may be more difficult for drivers to find a parking spot or navigate their way around the parking lot.
Considering all these factors is essential as all of these factors ensure that your parking lot design is accommodating, safe, and convenient to enter and exit. You can also contact a parking lot paving contractor to ensure that your parking lot adheres to all the safety standards and regulations.
Here are some handy tips to extend the life of a commercial parking lot.
Why Is Asphalt Maintenance Necessary for A Parking Lot?
Asphalt maintenance is an integral part of parking lot care. It helps to extend the parking lot’s life and keep it in good condition. Several maintenance activities can be done, including seal coating, patching, and resurfacing.
- Seal coating is a process that involves applying a protective layer to the surface of the parking lot. This layer helps to protect the asphalt from damage caused by weathering, traffic, and other factors.
- Patching is another type of t maintenance that involves repairing any cracks or potholes that may have formed in the parking lot.
- Resurfacing is a more extensive form of care that involves putting a new layer of asphalt over the existing surface.
Why Hire a Professional Parking Lot Paving Contractor?
A parking lot paving contractor has the experience and knows what to do. Moreover, it’s essential to have a parking lot designed correctly to avoid costly repairs down the road.
When hiring a contractor, be sure to consider the following:
- The contractor’s experience: An experienced contractor will know how to properly design and pave a parking lot.
- Their reputation: A reputable contractor will have a good track record of satisfied customers.
- Their certifications: The National Asphalt Pavement Association (NAPA) offers a certification program for parking lot paving contractors.
- The contractor’s insurance: Make sure the contractor has liability and workers’ compensation insurance in case of an accident.
- Their price: Be sure to get a few quotes from different contractors before deciding.
Hiring a parking lot paving contractor can ensure that your parking lot is designed correctly and meets all local code requirements. They will also be able to guide you about the best materials to use for your project.
Asphalt Maintenance & Paving Solutions provides extensive asphalt paving services in New Richmond, WI.
So, if you’re looking to get asphalt maintenance or repairs, get a free estimate today!